Mohamed A. El-Erian is Independent Non-Executive Director at Barclays.
Skills, experience and contribution
- Highly respected economist and investor
- Extensive experience in the asset management industry and multilateral institutions
- Deep knowledge and understanding of international economics and financial services sector
Career and education
Mohamed is Chief Economic Advisor at Allianz SE, the corporate parent of PIMCO (Pacific Investment Management Company LLC) where he formerly served as Chief Executive and Co-Chief Investment Officer. Mohamed is a regular columnist for Bloomberg Opinion and a contributing editor at the Financial Times. He spent 15 years at the IMF where he served as Deputy Director before moving to the private sector and financial services. He currently serves as President of Queens' College, Cambridge University.
Key current appointments
- Lead Independent Director, Under Armour Inc.
- Chief Economic Advisor, Allianz SE
- Chairman, Gramercy Funds Management
- Senior Advisor, Investcorp Bank BSC